HAYYYYYY! So although I’m still posting from my phone I wanted to show you all these amazing little photos of my lil man and my sweet nieces. My sister in law & i got this done for mothers day, and think they turned out fabulously. It’s easy when the kids are so darn cute to photograph. Here’s just a few of our favorites. They were taken at a local park just 10 minutes from my house! And although it was cold the kids did great! Photos were taken by Tricia Moskal Photograhy & we couldnt be any happier! I Hope everyone had a magical mothers day and hope you all got spoiled rotten. xox
where does the time go? Just as I was going to get back into being a crazy blogger we went on vacation for 3 weeks to Florida to see my family and take Oakley to Disney! And then when I … Continue reading
Well Movember is here! Although I personally don’t know anyone affected by Prostate Cancer, Canter effects someone each and every day. Movember is not just about that though. Movember is about men’s health awareness and mental health initiatives too. Typically ‘mo’vember first men from Canada and all around the world register their face online clean-shaven, and throughout the month grow their moustache in support. To show my support I have went ahead and made a moustache button that I encourage each of you to copy&paste on YOUR blog to show your support for this great cause. To find out more information about Movember, please go to Movember Canada to read all about it, and if you choose to donate you can do that there too! I’m a huge supporter for a healthier happier you, and think that this is just a great way to show just that. So if you’re a Man grow that moustache!, if you’re a woman grab that button on the side bar and show your support!
*This is my opinion of ‘mo’vember. I am not affiliated nor have I been paid for this
ahhh! i feel like I’ve been seriously slackin’ in the posting department & I’m so so so so sorry but the plague hit my house and we’ve all been sick with the stomach flu! started monday and im finally starting to feel better! Any who i just wanted to give everyone my October Favorites as well as leave a pic of my cute lil bambino on Halloween! WHICH BY THE WAY I HOPE EVERYONE HAD A FANTASTIC DAY! Like always leave a comment below and let me know some of your favorite October items!
- UGG Classic Cardy Boots (approx 200$): forreals INLOVE with my uggs. I have been since the first time I seen them in 2006. I have I think 5 pairs that i rotate in and out of, they are perfect and keep my toes toasty warm with the cold winter weather that we’ve been having here. and the 10cm of snow we just got today… gah =(
- Rimmel’s Stay Matte Translucent Powder (approx 5$): I think this is the PERFECT setting powder. it keeps my face from being shiny! I’ve been using this powder for about 3 months now and it’s just overall my fav of any I’ve ever used.
- ERGO Baby Carrier (approx 120$): I’m in love with baby wearing, I put Oakley in it and he instantly falls asleep, I just got this about 2 months ago and use it ALL THE TIME. to walk to the corner store, to get groceries, for a walk around the lake, anything! I love that the material is thick, so its keeps baby warm against the cooler elements!
- MAC’s Soft and Gentle Mineralize Skin Finish (approx 30$): I love how this gives your skin a perfect little glow and shimmer. I’ve been using this in place of my blush and I think it gives you a beautiful luminous bronzed shimmer look!
- Aden + Anais Sleep Sack (approx 40$): Now that it’s so cold here as an extra layer for Oakley at night, these sleep sacks come in super handy, since blankets are a nono these are perfect to keep him warm at night! I’m a a+a lover, there’s no denying that! bwaha I have I think almost one of every one of their products! I love the muslin cotton!
- Prince Lionheart Wipe Warmer (approx. 40$): Again because its cold a perfect little warm me up for his little bum is this wipe warmer, I love it and I know Oakley does too!
annnnnd for my baby love!
thought it was perfect as he was born ‘year of the dragon’ : )
*This is my opinion of these items which I’ve purchased myself from one of their retailers. I am not affiliated nor have I been paid for this
Well this is a special post as i usually only do favorites monthly but I thought it would be fun to do ‘favorites’ for holidays! So like usual I’ve compiled a few of my fav fav Halloween items that I just can’t go without when Halloween is around! I hope you all enjoy. and of course, like always, leave me a comment below and let me know what some of YOUR favorite items are for Halloween!
1. S’bux Pumpkin Spice Latte (approx. 4$): I think this is a given! it’s the perfect drink for Halloween time with the pumpkin and the succulent whipped cream, and its nice and hot for my cold Canada weather! melts my heart every time I drink it. mmm
2. Halloween Inspired Babylegs (approx. 13$): Now that Oakley is here, holidays are super fun, and well I don’t think babylegs are just for girls! get a cute boy-ish or unisex pair like this one and pair it with a onesie, SUPERCUTE!
3. My First Halloween Onesie by Carters (approx 8$): Common! Its his FIRST Halloween, I have to be THAT mom and dress Oakley up for a picture to remember this for ever! So super cute, affordable onesie to showcase the big day! I actually purchased this to also go under his Halloween costume as another layer!
4. Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin Candle Bath & Body Works (approx 20$): I think any pumpkin spice or pumpkin candle would do the trick I just love walking around the house smelling pumpkin, since we only get this one time a year, I savor every smell of it I can get!
5. Hocus Pocus (approx. PRICELESS): This is legit hands down my favorite movie! Like when I was growing up every Halloween my baba and papa would take my sister and I to get this movie from the rental store and I just can’t ever get enough of it, like it’s a classic for sure, and I will defiantly be sharing this oldie but goodie with Oakley when he is old enough!
6. Candy Corn (approx 3$ a bag): love candy corn! It’s just a classic Halloween candy AND it’s so colourful AND you can do so many great little DIYs with it! love. love.
*This is my opinion of these items which i’ve purchased myself from one of their retailers. I am not affiliated nor have I been paid for this
So since halloween is around the corner, and with a 3 1/2 month old baby its hard to find the time to do crafts right now, however I have one here for you that is SO SUPER EASY! and it’s SO chic. The nice thing about this DIY Wreath is is very inexpensive and its very customizable to what you want for ex. if you have a certain theme or colours etc. This could also be a wreath you can make for any holiday just by changing up the colours! so if you like this wreath keep reading on how to create this wreath at home yourself for under 25$. ENJOY … let me know in the comments below if you want more DIYs projects & what type you want to see!
What You’ll Need
1 Syrofoam Wreath - I purchased this from Michaels – the largest one they had (13$) - I had a coupon for 40% off any one item so this was the item I used it on. so it costed me 7.80+tax
5 yards of tulle - I purchased this from fabric land but you can also purchase it at Michaels – this was 2.30$ a yard so 11.50$+tax
1 glue gun – i’m sure every DIYer has this. but if you dont you can also purchase this from Michaels, so this didn’t cost me anything but when i bought it, it costed about 5$? really cheap!
2 stems of flowers – I purchased this at Michaels as well. Mine had 3 flowers on each so 6 flowers total, 0.99$ each, so it was 2$+tax. However if you really want to halloween it up instead of flowers you can buy like spiders and cob web or anything really!
*optional is a door hanger to hang it, OR if you already have a nail in your door like me, then use this : ) & combine it with another piece of coloured tulle as a “hanger”
1: Cut the tulle to any lenght you like, if you like a fuller puffy look go longer, if not and you like it shorter go shorter! mine are cut to approximatly 7inches x 10inches. this is the most time consuming part, it took me about 1 hr to cut all of my tulle.
2: Once all the tulle is cut one by one tie each piece into a [tight] double knot around the wreath.
3: As you tie each one, push them tight together.
4: Once the wreath is full, fluff up your tulle as desired. i liked mine all facing up and forward [none to the back as that will be against the door and no one will see]
5: Pull off your flowers from the stem and start putting the flowers or decorations on the wreath in a position you like. [i wanted my wreath quite simply however you can glam it up with tons of flowers different colours tyles textures etc]
6: Once you found a place for all your decor, heat up your glue gun and one by one glue them to the tulle on the wreath
7: Voilà! all finished! hang in your house, on your front door, over the fireplace anywhere!..
I didn’t : ) so while I was searching the web this morning, i found out that today [oct 16] is world food day. And let’s be honest I LOVE food. It’s like the highlight of my life! So although this isn’t going to be a long post I thought id just post pictures of some my favorite food. Just for the record, candy and sweets IS food to me ; ) Please leave me a comment below and let me know what you’re favorite foods are to eat!
1: Oatmeal – - plain .. w/ brown sugar.. mmmm
2: Pierogi-s - – typically cheese w/ succulant sour cream + bacon + onions
3: Roast – - need i say more?
4: Chicken + Gnocci Soup – - mm must go to Olive Garden now
5: Beef Stroganoff – - amazing on every level
6: Watermelon – - it’s so juicy and I just can’t get enough in the summer
7: Apple Crisp – - w/ ice cream of course! best with baba’s apples off the tree!
8: Chicken Parm - – love love, who doesn’t love meat and melted cheese and noodles?
9: Chicken Alfredo – - w/ melted mozza. how juicy-ful
10: Chicken Caesar Wrap – - w/ teriyaki chicken.. easy fast filling amazing
11: Blueberries – - legit like the best fruit ever, SO good for you, and so yuumie
12: Corn – - taber corn only! NO impersonating stuff!
13: Lettuce Wraps – - healthy and amazing
14: Breaded Turkey Breast – - umm its turkey, HELLO!
15: Nacho’s – - w/ sour cream, salsa, + jalapeno’s…best late night snack everrr
16: Cheese Cake – - only plain. melt in my mouth get in my bell-EHH!
When my husband and I found out we were having a boy, I instantly started thinking about little ideas I wanted for the nursery. We went back and forth and there were a ton of inspirations saved on my computer and a few that I had on my pinterest board. I didn’t really know what I wanted for a crib or the colours for the wall etc. It took me a long time to decide and well it took me 4 months to complete because I couldn’t make up my mind.. oops. Although in my defense we moved to a new house when I was 8 months pregnant so I wasnt really able to do the nursery for 20 weeks, i had just purchased all the items and had them stacking up in a room of my old house [I still called it Oakley's room hehe] After showing my husband what all I wanted to do and he agreed I started purchasing all the big items like the crib, and changer etc. When we moved into our new house I was like in ‘nesting’ mode. We got new carpet for Oakley’s room and finally after a week and that was all done Tyler started painting the walls, putting up for decals, building all the furniture etc all the big stuff that my big bellied self couldn’t do. For those of you who don’t personally know me, don’t know I was a giant beast at the end of my pregnancy, I legit had insane swollen feet, felt like it was hard to move sleep eat anything… all I’ll say is I was measuring 44 weeks pregnant the day I delivered which was my due date..Anyways once my husband put all the big items together I began doing all the little things as well as washing all his clothes, blankets, bedding etc. Below ill make a list of all the items we have for the room and link them if I remember where I got them! Theres still a few more things to do like put up his mobile [now that he's sleeping in his room] put some art on the wall that I have I just need to frame it and what not and I need to get some blackout blinds and im thinking orange curtains. Keeping in mind this is probably not a typical nursery as we wanted Oakley to grow into his room and not out of it. This is Oakley’s nursery debut
Paint Colour is JAVA purchased at lowes
Crib (540$) Purchased online at lussobaby.ca
Crib Mattress (160$) Came as a special with our crib
Changer (130$) Purchased from Ikea, its actually a bookself turned on the side
Rocker (180$) Purchased from Ikea. Colours are Robust dark brown leather + black brown frame
Footstool (120$) Purchased from Ikea. Colours are Robust dark brown leather + black brown frame
Wall Decals (80$) Purchased off etsy. Easy to install, & you can choose any colours you like
Crib Blanket (55$) Purchased off etsy. Chevron pattern white and orange on one side, minky dimple white on other side
Fitted Crib Sheet (35$) Purchased off etsy. White minky dimple fabric
Change Pad Cover (2/40$) Purchased off etsy. I Purchased Blue and Orange minky dimple
Crib Dream Soother (70$) This was a gift i registered for, can be purchased at Babies R Us
Mobile (26$) Purchased from wee gallery
Mobile Attachments (13$) Purchased from wee gallery
Fabric Drawers (2/10$) I got 4 of each blue and orange for Target
Closet Shelf (70$) Purchased from Ikea, again its just a bookshelf we attached rods to.
Table Lamp (15$) Purchased from Ikea
Sterlite Organizer (20$) Purchased from Walmart ( the link is to the new model, i couldn’t find the exact one I have )
Sound Machine (50$) Purchased from babies r us
Video Monitor (300$) Was a gift but can be purchased from babies R us
Mirror (25$) I made this myself, bought a cheap mirror from homesense and spray painted it which i purchased from Home Depot as well as mirrored glass and mirror glue
Oilers Painting (priceless : )) my dad painted this for Oakley’s room, just like he painted a picture for my room when i was young